The Norwegians soldiers says that CAT and snow do not work – The British soldiers says that CAT and sand do not work – The US soldiers says that CAT and blood do not work.
Therefore, we made a new, safer and faster Combat Tourniquet.
New hooks for easy click on the handle for safety.
Handle made from strong nylon.
Webbing made from soft polyamide for more comfort and less freezing in the winter.
How to use the Combat Tourniquet
1. Use a tourniquet only as a last resort. Do not use a tourniquet unless you cannot control the bleeding by any other means.
2. Don’t use a tourniquet for bleeding from the head, face, neck or trunk. Use it only on the limbs.
3. Always apply a tourniquet above the wound and as close to the wound as possible. As a general rule, do not place a tourniquet below the knee or elbow except for complete amputations.
4. Be sure you tighten the tourniquet tight enough to stop the bleeding, but do not make it any tighter than necessary. The pulse beyond the tourniquet should disappear.
5. Don’t loosen the tourniquet after it has been applied. Transport the patient to a medical facility that can offer proper care.
6. Don’t cover a tourniquet with a dressing. If it is necessary to cover the injured person in some way, make sure that all the other people concerned with the case know about the tourniquet.
7. REMEMBER to write the date and time when applied.